Sunday, December 16, 2007

Double pointed needles and sock knitting

So I've put off learning to use dpn's until winter break because during the semester it seemed so daunting to teach myself something new.

So tonight I pulled out some dpns (3 size 6s, and 1 size 5, whoops) and using Silver's Sock Tutorial taught myself to very basically use dpns.

I didn't get too far when I realized I hadn't been maintaining the k2p2 ribbing--I was just starting with k2 on each needle! Whoops!

Anyway, thus far it is frustrating but it *is* getting easier.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

You'll get the hang of it eventually. It's not too hard, and socks are really fun to knit!

Ashley said...

Congrats! It's always awesome to teach yourself something new...there's a special "something" about it, don't you think? I prefer to knit my socks with circular needles though, so it's been a while since I have picked up a dpn for anything but a stand in cable needle or stitch holder, lol.

Luciana DeVito said...

I hope you kept this up because I absolutely LOVE my DPNs ;o)