Thursday, August 9, 2007

Razor Cami in Berroco Cotton Twist Icepop

My newest WIP. I love it, I really do. I'm hoping it'll turn out right. I tried to do a cable CO to make the edge firmer and because I read it's better for ribbing, but, when I tried doing it, my head was too foggy from the wreck earlier. So I did a plain old longtail, ran out of tail, ripped it out, did it again. Now I have a good excess tail. That's okay, although it's irritating for it to not be "just right." I think I've been twisting my knit stitches too. Or rather, wrapping them the wrong way. I was working on the 3x1 rib last night when I realized I was wrapping my knits like a purl. I switched back to what I assume is the right way but knitting into some of the stitches done like a purl is a bit harder.

The cotton twist..is amazing. I love it. It's so shimmery and looks like it's several different colors. It also was fairly cheap.  I guess around 20 with shipping and everything.

I feel bad starting another item since I have a scarf to sew together and weave in ends (but I've lost my yarn needle, and don't have a car), another scarf to start, and then 1930 is lying forlornly on cardboard, half-blocked. Sewing together 1930 scares me a bit which is why it's only half-blocked. Oh well.

No comments: