Monday, September 10, 2007

All I really want to do is knit.

But instead I am writing a paper on the industrialization of biology. I hope I spelled that right, I seem to spell it differently everytime I type it.

Bought Stitch n' Bitch yesterday, just because. I only have one "technique" book and it's always good to have another. I want to teach myself how to use charts by making the little heart swatch with raised purl bumps because that would be quick but I can't let myself. I think I'm going to cast on for Jacob's scarf and just do it in garter stitch. I don't know how wide he wants the stripes, but..oh well. I'll see what I can do. I guess I'll have to get Steven to give it to him since I don't see Jacob anymore. But I SAID I would knit him a scarf so I will. And he bought the yarn and I guess it would be mean of me just to keep it.

I'm having doubts on the scarf pattern I picked out. All of the examples I could find on ravelry aren't in the color I'm thinking about using, so I think that's part of it. I think with the right color and in wool or something like it it'll turn out the way I want. (Having a car would make getting this yarn a whole lot easier. But I guess Wes will take me by there sometime this week...or he said he would, anyway.)

Back to penicillin and all that jazz. I had to remove Stitch n' bitch from my bed where I'm working so that I don't look at it...SIGH.

No comments: